In the Mood for an Easy Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Salad
I love a homecooked meal after a long day but I don't always enjoy having to cook after being busy. I think most people would agree that life would be so much easier to just eat cereal for dinner but I've found a new go-to recipe that is simple, delicious, and healthy for those nights when you just don't want to cook. This grilled chicken and broccoli salad takes 30 minutes tops (mostly cause you don't want to eat raw chicken), is packed with flavor, and is oh so easy.
Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Salad
serves 2 | time to table: 30 minutes
16 oz Broccoli Florets
6 Chicken Tenders
1/2 Red Onion diced
Pumpkin seeds to taste
1 tbs Honey
2 tbs Mayonnaise
1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
Kosher Salt or Flake Sea Salt
What to Do:
1. Cook the chicken: Coat a grill pan with olive oil and place over high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken tenders, and place on the hot grill. Cook until juices run clear, turning once (about 15 minutes). Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Cook broccoli: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli, and plunge in a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
3. Prep remaining salad ingredients: Pat the broccoli dry with paper towels. Chop the apple into cubes.
4. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Finish salad: Combine broccoli, apples, pepitas, and onion in a serving bowl. Add vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
To Serve: Divide chicken and broccoli salad between 2 serving plates.
Pro Tip: Actually pat the broccoli dry. The vinaigrette doesn't stick well when the broccoli is wet.
recipe adapted from Terra's Kitchen